Monday 18 July 2011



I had a gift recently of some beautiful old threads on wooden reels...apparantly they originated from a lady who spent her life in Africa and had to make all her own clothes...to me this is very poignant as it draws a parallel with that part of my own life spent there, when I had to make everything for us including baby clothes from tiny remnants,childrens clothes made from the legs of their fathers jeans,crochet cushions and rugs and patchwork quilts....all made out of necessity but which...unbeknown to me at the time, were setting the seeds for when I would use my past as a means of communication with my textile artwork.

2 comments:

mycuriousteaparty said...

Wow! What a gift..... Who ever gave it to you knew that you would treasure it.

Ellen said...

They are so beautiful...little works of art in their own right.
x