Wednesday 28 April 2010

Artifacts and Reflections

A while ago I had doubts as to whether I had wasted money on collecting the vintage mother of pearl artifacts for the collection, as I did so, long before I had started making anything; however I should have just trusted my own judgement as they are all finding their place on the garments, and I love them.Here a bracelet has been used, and also a tiny cross which was given to me when I was about 9 years old, and has lived in a box now for all those years. Things are for using...even if precious, rather than lie hidden away. I use all my antiques, and get so much pleasure from them. Sometimes it can be hard to cut a piece of antique lace or fabric, but if the project is important, then it is the best use for it...enabling it to once again be seen and enjoyed in a new way.

No comments: