Sunday 25 April 2010

Waste Not Want Not

It seemed such a waste to discard the first bodice made for the third dress, that I have decided to use it as a large sample. There is quite a lot of potential in it as a garment shaped Sampler, and I think it will make an interesting addition to the collection. It also symbolises the warmth of quilted undergarments, made from reclaimed common fabrics which could have been worn by working class women in the 19th century....I may even call it "Waste Not Want Not"...it seems appropriate, and images will follow. At present I seem to be juggling half a dozen balls and trying to keep them all up in the air, but as I ended the week with a two day headache, I decided to take a break from the FMP and spend the weekend in the garden, to not only clear my head, but to clear the garden too...it has been so neglected this year.

No comments: