Friday 1 January 2016

Little Oofs and the Rats....and a New Year

Good morning...on the first day of the New Year....we know not what lies ahead of good or not so good, but at this time of the year I think most of us are full of hope and plans for the future, and it is a good time to reflect.....I have a headache from a lovely and very noisy family gathering last night....and I dont even drink....I can only image how many poor folk are nursing hangovers this morning....I feel like I have one, and I only had coffee and fruit juices all evening!
Here is a totally unrelated photograph from a corner of my workroom....well two actually....they make me smile, and they may make some one else here smile too.
"Mischief" ( a doll found broken in a charity shop) playing with the rats from my WW1 art work last year.
 
Where did the rats go?..."Little Oofs", my 14-15 year old rescue cat that I've had for just over a year now.

4 comments:

Sandy Mastroni said...

so cute , so funny !!!!
I have photos of my cats near my dolls too , I love taking photos of them
Your cat looks very sweet

Ellen said...

Glad it made you smile Sandy.
She is 14-15 and was semi feral....I've had her for just over a year and it took 7-9 months of patience for her to settle in and trust me....she is still a bit of a biter on odd occasions, but has painful artthritis from neglect, so can excuses that....and she is a sweetheart in other ways...she's had a tough life....until now!!

A bird in the hand said...

What a happy little doll. And bless you for giving that sweet cat comfort and safety. xx

Ellen said...

Thank you :) xx